THERE IS NO
SEMI-COLON IN COLON CANCER
THERE IS NO SEMI-COLON IN COLON CANCER
9 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT CRC
- 1 in 20 people are diagnosed with colorectal cancer (CRC).
- It is preventable. If detected at stage one, there is a 90% cure rate.
- African-Americans have the highest incidence rates among any ethnic groups.
- Don't wait for symptoms! Most often there are NO symptoms.
- You have a higher risk for CRC if you have: IBD, Crohn's disease, family history of ovarian, endometrial or breast cancer.
- Screening should begin at age 45.
(ACG Guidelines for CRC Screening 2008)
- Colorectal cancer is the #2 leading cause of cancer deaths in the US.
- Colorectal cancer accounts for nearly 10% of all cancer deaths.
- Due to early screening, colorectal cancer deaths have steadily decreased since 1985.
COMMIT TO GETTING FIT
DID YOU KNOW...?
WHAT DO THESE CELEBRITIES HAVE IN COMMON?
They ALL died from colorectal cancer!